SSD Certification Course Online!
When: Monday nights from 6-9pm for 10 weeks
Next classes: September 10, 2018
January 7, 2019
April 8, 2019
Where: Your home or office
How: Access to the internet and a phone line
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand the role of the SSD as defined in F745
- Effectively interview residents to complete psychosocial assessments
- Identify the required interview techniques for the MDS 3.0
- Identify the residents’ needs: psychosocial, financial, discharge planning, home health care
- Understand the SSD role with psychotropics
- Understand the RAI process: MDS (intro to 3.0), CAAs, Careplans
- Facilitate IDT meetings: psychotropics, weights, physical restraints, falls, care conferences
- Coordinate and execute safe discharge planning
- Recognize the differences in needs between the frail elderly, chronically ill, cognitively impaired, dual-diagnosed, chronically mentally ill, and indigent
- Understand required concepts of documentation
- Understand possible causal factors of resident behaviors and identify non-drug interventions
- Learn basics to Positive Approach for dementia management using hand-under-hand technique
To ensure a space in the class, please register as soon as possible. Payment in full is due upon registration. 3% is added for PayPal use. Payable to firstname.lastname@example.org via PayPal.
Are you in a hurry to become certified and can’t wait for one of the classes offered three times a year? You have the option of completing independent study at your own pace. Please contact email@example.com for details.
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM