SSD Certification Course participants meet online every Monday evening from 6-9pm (Pacific) for 10 consecutive weeks for a required total of 30 hours of course work.
Courses are offered 3 times a year in January, April, and September.
- Understand the role of the SSD as defined in F745
- Effectively interview residents to complete psychosocial assessments
- Identify the required interview techniques for the MDS 3.0
- Identify the residents’ needs: psychosocial, financial, discharge planning, home health care
- Understand the SSD role with psychotropics
- Understand the RAI process: MDS (intro to 3.0), CAAs, Careplans
- Facilitate IDT meetings: psychotropics, weights, physical restraints, falls, care conferences
- Coordinate and execute safe discharge planning
- Recognize the differences in needs between the frail elderly, chronically ill, cognitively impaired, dual-diagnosed, chronically mentally ill, and indigent
- Understand required concepts of documentation
- Understand possible causal factors of resident behaviors and identify non-drug interventions
- Learn basics to Positive Approach for dementia management using hand-under-hand technique
Reliable access to the internet and a phone line.
ADDITIONAL SESSIONS AVAILABLE
Are you in a hurry to become certified and can’t wait for one of the classes offered three times a year? You have the option of completing independent study at your own pace.